Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Google Vs. Microsoft

    After doing similar assignments on both Microsoft Word and PowerPoint and Google Docs and Slides, I found that I like Microsoft a lot better. I found it was very easy to do all the tasks on Microsoft Word and PowerPoint that I had to complete. The only issue I had was with PowerPoint when I had to change the design and/or background for each individual slide. This was not as user-friendly, and I had to google it to figure out a way to do it.





computer
     When I used Google Docs and Slides, I noticed that it took me a lot longer to find certain things because unlike with Microsoft, the icons don't just jump right out at you. Some of the things I had to google to even find out where they were located. Also, Google Docs was very limited with their fonts, so they did not have the font we were required to use. The other issue I had was specifically with Google Slides because it was very difficult to add sound to it because there is not a direct way to add sound.

     I think Microsoft Word has more pros than Google because it is just a lot easier to use, and it has so many more options. I was surprised at how limited the Google products were when it came to certain things such as the fonts and even the transitions and animations. The only thing I thought was easier to do with Google Slides than Microsoft PowerPoint was to change the color of the individual slides. This was very simple to do with Google Slides!
 
     In my opinion, it would make more sense for my students to use Microsoft Powerpoint because I just think it is much easier to navigate and understand. Also, Microsoft has a lot more pictures to demonstrate what the icons do, and I noticed that in Google it is pretty much all words/phrases. The pictures would definitely help younger students who are unable to read well! Also, Microsoft would allow them to be more creative in their projects because there is just so much more variety on Microsoft than on Google.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Breana! I thought your little gif was SOO cute! I liked seeing your opinion and reasons as to why you would want your students to use Microsoft power point. It's nice to see opposing views and why someone else might chose Microsoft over Google!

    ReplyDelete