Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Student Learning

    Personally, as a student I learn best from hands-on activities. It is very difficult for me to understand something if I can not be physically engaged. I dislike classes that are lecture based because it is hard for me to stay focused when I am not actively involved in the lesson. I also learn best from visuals because it helps me make connections and actually see what I am trying to learn.

    I think my learning preferences will affect me as a teacher because I will incorporate them into my classroom. Since I learn best from hands-on activities and visuals it will be easy for me to come up with ways to bring those into my own lessons. These items will be increasingly important in teaching elementary education because children learn best from visualizing and physically participating in the classroom. Also, hands-on activities help students stay focused and they give every child a chance to be involved.


Image result for hands on activities

     I do not think that humans necessarily need a reward to give them motivation because when we accomplish things we feel good about ourselves. I believe the only reward humans need is the sense of accomplishment they receive when they complete something. Also, as humans continue to work hard they become more successful and reach their goals which is a reward in itself. If humans needed a reward each time we accomplished something we would never do anything out of the kindness of our hearts. We would not want to put in any extra work because we would get no physical "reward" out of it, and that would make our society very selfish. The best reward anyone can receive is proof that they are bettering themselves!

1 comment:

  1. I agree on with that lectures aren't always the best way to understand things and it can be boring which would have your students not be paying attention.

    ReplyDelete