Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Gamification, Yay or Nay?


Image result for osmo

      Gamification is a great way to bring technology into the classroom and keep students actively engaged, however there is a lot to consider when using it. For instance, it is very important to make sure the particular gamification is appropriate for the age group you are working with. Also, it is very important to test out the gamification you would like to use in your classroom before you decide to use it. Another thing you must consider is accessibility because some gamification requires all students to have their own device which is not always possible.


      I believe that the best example of gamification we've seen in class is Osmo. I think Osmo is so cool, and I love that it has games for many different subjects. Osmo is very easy to use and allows students to work alone or in groups. It also allows them to learn in a very hands-on manner. I was impressed with the countless different learning activities/games that Osmo provided. I would recommend Osmo to any teacher or parent because it is a great example of educational technology!

Image result for gamification      I think gamification is a good thing because it takes learning beyond the traditional classroom. Also, gamification brings out the love of learning that students sometimes miss out on. Gamification makes learning fun again and it keeps students engaged. There are so many different types of gamification that can be incorporated in almost any classroom. I think it needs to be used more in classrooms because it has so many benefits. YAY for gamification!

2 comments:

  1. I agree that Osmo and gamification are great ways to keep students engaged. Sometimes the lessons that we have to teach can be very repetitive and boring to students. This is a great way to spice them up a little!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog! I completely agree with everything that you say. I think gamification is also a good resource for students to use as long as it is used in a positive way.

    ReplyDelete