Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Teachers Staying Current

    Imagine you are at your first teaching interview and your interviewer asks you: how do you keep current in emerging trends in education, classroom tools, and technology? If you were in this situation right now would you know how to answer this question to the best of your ability?

    I know if I were in this situation, I would be able to tell my interviewer about my PLN (personal learning network)! I would explain how I use separate Twitter and Pinterest accounts specifically for keeping up-to-date with teaching trends! Also, I would tell them about how many great classroom organization and teaching strategies I have learned from Pinterest. I would explain how Twitter provides me with new ideas on many educational technology tools I can utilize in my classroom. The last thing I would explain would be how I plan to go to different educational conferences. I would attend these conferences in order to learn more about educational advances as well as new technology that could help me give my students a better learning experience! I would also let my interviewer know that I plan on continuing to develop my PLN.

   Having a PLN is very important as a teacher, and being able to prove at an interview that I already have a developed PLN would make me stand out! It is important to stay up-to-date on everything so that you can always better support your students, and this becomes easy through your PLN.
Image result for educational technology

4 comments:

  1. I 100% agree with your post. Having a PLN is so important as an up and coming teacher. More and more schools are focusing on technological skills, and it is important to show that you have the background knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with using social media as a tool to stay updated. I also liked how you mentioned the conferences. I hadn't really thought about that but feel it would be very beneficial. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you when you say you would tell them about you PLN. I think that is a big part of keeping up to date with new technologies and ways to incorporate them in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with what you would tell them. I think as a teacher staying up to date with new technologies is a fantastic thing.

    ReplyDelete